Japan KYUSHU Tourist  ジャパン九州ツーリスト株式会社

We are a specialist of Fukuoka and Kyushu tour

日本人のお客様の団体旅行と外国人のお客様のカスタマイズ旅行の専門会社です

TEL 093-521-8897
FAX 093-521-8898
E-mail

Oura Cathedral

 

Oura Cathedral is one of the famous landmarks in Nagasaki-cityy, was built in 1865 

under the supervision of the French priest Bernard Petitjean.

It was designated as a National Treasure in 1933 for its value as Japan’s oldest Gothic-style

cathedral.

 

“On March 17, 1865, a group of peasants from Urakami came to the church and professed

their faith to Father Petitjean, thus revealing that Christianity had survived through the 

centuries of persecution.

The white marble statue of the Holy Mother at the entrance was built in commemoration of

the dramatic discovery of the “Hidden Christians.

 

 

 

Munakata Taisha Shrine Hetsu-miya

 

 

 Torii Gate Stone Lantern  Pond at the approach
     

 

Chozysha, pureification place Main Gate Imperial Chrysanthemum pattern

 

Main Shrine of Hetsu-miya Main Shrine of Hetsu-miya Deities in Hetsu-miya

 

 700 years old Oak Sacred tree Oak Sacred tree Oak Sacred tree
     

 

 Entrance of Takamiya Saijo

 Approach to Takamiya Saijo

through sacred area

Takamiya Saijo

Japan’s oldest Ancient style Shrine

     

 

 Tenni-gu Shrine Teisan-gu Shrine  Shinpokan Museum 
     

 


Munakata Taisha Shrine

 

 

Munakata Taisha is a part of World Heritage as Sacred Island of Okinoshima and

Associated Sites in the Munakata Region which has been registered in 2017.

 

Munakata Taisha is a collection of three Shinto shrines located in Munakata, Fukuoka Prefecture.

The Munakata-taisha consist of three shrines—Hetsu-miya, Nakatsu-miya and Okitsu-miya.

The shrines are devoted to the three Munakata goddesses. These kami are believed to be daughters

of the goddess Amaterasu, the ancestress of the imperial family.

The deities has also been worshipped there for many years as the god of mariners, and traffic

safety on land as well.

 


 

Hetsu-miya

Munakata

Nakatsu-miya

Oshima Island

Okitsu-miya

Okinoshima Island


 

World Heritage

Sacred Island of Okinoshima and Associated Sites in the Munakata Region

The site has been registered on the World heritage in 2017, 
and consist of the following.

・Okinoshima, Okitsu-miya Munakata Taisha
・Okitsu-miya Yohaisyo in Oshima island
・Nakatsu-miya, Munakata Taisha in Oshima island
・Hetsu-miya, Munakata Taisha

・Shimbaru-Nuyama Mounded Tomb Group

 

 


 

About us Tailor-made tour Self-guided tour Golf tour Study tour Contact us 
Kyushu Travel Guide Suggested itinerary Blog & local News About Japan 日本語

 


 

Site of Japan’s Meiji Industrial Revolution

 

The site has been registered on the World Heritage in 2015.

 

     

 

     

 

 
     

 

     

 


World Heritage in Kitakyushu

 

World Heritage in Kitakyushu  Sites of Japan’s Meiji Industrial Revolution

Iron and Steel, Shipbuilding, and Coal Mining, are a grouping of historic sites that played an important part in the industrialization of Japan in the Bakumatsu and Meiji periods. The sites were accepted at the 39th UNESCO World Heritage session in 2015.
The four sites of Yawata Steel Works in Kitakyushu area have been inscribed as Iron and Steel Industry.

The buildings of the Imperial Steel Works, Japan at Yawata Works are the surviving components of Asia’s first successful integrated iron and steel works: the State-run Imperial Steel Works opened in 1901.  It is located in the northernmost part of Fukuoka Prefecture, the north end of Kyushu, 8 km south

of Hibiki-Nada Seashore close to the continent of China.  
Their present-day setting is still a working industrial landscape set in the southeastern section of Yawata Works which, for over a century, has consistently maintained a leading role in the Japanese steel industry


 

First Head Office of the Steel Works 

Built in 1899, ahead of production facilities.

It is an architectural fusion of Japanese and European design, a two story red brick building with bilateral symmetry and a central dome set in a Japanese 

tile roof.


 

Steel-framed repair workshops

Built in 1900. It was used for the fabrication and assembly of a parts and the repair of machinery used at the Steel Works. 
It is the oldest existing steel-structured building in Japan and, more than 100 years later, is still a repair shop. The facility houses its original travelling crane and it is still in use for maintenance work.

 

Former Forge Shop

Built in 1900 using designs and steel products from the German steel manufacturer, the purpose of manufacturing forgings such as large scaled spanners, chisels, hammers and stands for machine mounting needed for the construction of the steelworks. 

 


 
Onga River Pumping Station
Built in 1910 on the east bank of the Onga River.
It served, and still serves, to deliver industrial water to Yawata via an 11.4 km pipeline. This supply is integral to the steel production process and was necessary to cope with the 1st phase expansion of the Imperial Steel Works.