Ohana and Shotoen Garden
Listed on National Scenic Landmark. Built in 1697 as the villa of the Fourth Lord Tachibana
Akitora. At that time the region was called Hanabatake (Field of flower), so the villa was
named Ohana or Flower. The garden itself spread out over 3300 square meters and is laid
out in such a way as to evoke the image of Matsushima in Sendai. It was extensively
renovated in 1908 to 1910.
There are around 280 pines within the garden 1500 stones and 14 stone lanterns. From
October to March the pond is host to a flock of wild ducks.
|Address||1 Shinsoto-machi, Yanagawa-city, Fukuoka-prefecture|
10 minutes by a vehicle from Nishitetsu Yanagawa station
70 minutes by a vehicle from Dazaifu
80 minutes by a vehicle from Fukuoka-city
110 minutes by a vehicle from Kitakyushu-city
|Open hours||9:00 to 18:00|
|Admission fee||JPY 500|
|Days closed||No closing days|