We are a specialist of Fukuoka and Kyushu tour 日本人のお客様の団体旅行と外国人のお客様のカスタマイズ旅行の専門会社です
Dejima is the fan-shaped artificial island in the bay of
Nagasaki that was a Dutch trading post as Japan’s only
open gateway to Europe during Japan’s self-imposed
isolation of Edo period from 1641 until 1853. The Dutch East India Company’s trading post at Dejima
was closed in 1857. Since then, the island has been
surrounded by reclaimed land and merged into Nagasaki:
its original location is marked by rivets.
A project to restore Dejima is underway.
In 2000, five buildings including the Deputy Factor’s
Quarters were completed and opened to the public.
In the spring of 2006, the finishing touches were put
on the Chief Factor’s Residence, the Japanese
Officials’ Office, the Head Clerk’s Quarters, the No. 3
Warehouse and the Sea Gate.