The Central temple of Rokugo-Manzan in Kunisaki peninsula
The temple was established in 718 by Ninmon and located close to the peak of Mount Futago.
Futagoji’s grounds cover a wide area on the forested slopes of the mountain, with stone and
gravel paths and stairs connecting several halls housing various deities.
A pair of stone Nio Guardians stand at the start of the traditional temple approach below the
parking lot, from where a ten minute ascent up a flight of steps takes you to the main temple buildings.
Among them are the Gomado Hall which is dedicated to Fudomyo, a protector of Buddhism, and the Okunoin
|Address||1548 Akimachi-futago, Kunisaki-city, Oita-prefecture|
70 minutes by a vehicle from JR Beppu
70 minutes by a vehicle from Yufuin
40 minutes by a vehicle from Usa
70 minutes by a vehicle from Nakatsu-city
110 minutes by a vehicle from Kitakyushu-city
150 minutes by a vehicle from Fukuoka-city
March to November 8:00 to 17:00
December to February 8:30 to 16:30
|Days closed||No closing days|